We believe God has a plan for our senior citizen. So at Light Ministries International we have a special ministry for our senior citizens where we empower them to fulfill the plan of God for their lives. At the same time we have an actice social platform where they continously florish and enjoy their lives
As sisters are one boby, our mission is to see every woman develop into the fullness of being a virtuous woman of God.
Our goals are:
- 1. to impact the standards of Christ in every way
- 2. To grow in the love of God
- 3. To promote unity with a sense of family and sisterhood and to display the character of Jesus Christ
- 4. To develop the fear of God in each woman.
We intend to achieve these goals by pursuing the following objectives:
- 1. Encouraging, mentoring and caring for them
- 2. To host edifying fun activities and rehearsals
- 3. To teach women to walk in wholeness through the word of God. – Sprit, soul and body
- 4. By teaching on how to become a Praying women
We have a 24 hours prayer chain. You are the most welcome to send your personal prayer request
To reach out the youth worldwide.
We desire that young people be:
- -Established in Christian faith
- -Engaged in Christian Ministry
- -Equipped for Christian leadership
INTRODUCTION: 1 Tim. 4:12
- 1. Someone is watching you.
- 2. Ancient orators taught that, to be heard, the speaker had to apply PATHOS, LOGOS and ETHOS. People watch to see if what you do matches with what you say.
- 3. Timothy was being watched. So Paul could teach others how to live through Timothy.
- 4. He instructs, commands: Be an example!.
DISCUSSION: Be an example!
- I. In what you say. “IN WORD”
- II. In how you live. “IN CONVERSATION” (ACTS 1:1)
- 1. We are to be examples. Timothy was commanded to be an example but that implies that others were to follow his example, and become examples.
- 2. If someone were to follow your lead, where would they end? Heaven and blessing? Or Hell and misery?
- 3. If you are not the example you ought to be today…
LMI youth meet on a national level every month and we organised outings, seminars, fund raising , hikings and different activities. Recently, we went to climb LE POUCE Mountain and it was a real blessing to see how keen the youth are to work for the Lord and they shared their personal experience with others.
A typical statement which is very often made by the older generation towards the kids is that “they are from another world”. Of course this is said on the account that they don’t understand their behaviour. The Generation Gap excuses is very often put forth to step aside and let things go as it is. But Here Jesus is crystal clear that we as born again Christians must go and TEACH all nations. That’s why LMI Kids Club is putting more and more energy on teaching our kids the truth and walking in the truth. In 3 Jn 1:4, Apostle John said “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” As the word of God is telling us, Joy is being generated in our Father’s heart when his/her children are walking in the truth. If we go further in the Holy Bible we will read that the Joy of the Lord is our strength (Neh 8:10). So the secret to empower our kids is to teach them to observe all things Jesus has commanded.
LMI KIDS CLUD is fully active all over Mauritius in our 16 churches. With more than 150 children attending Sunday schools every week under the responsibility of 38 teachers sowing their time and energy to team up an army for God. We greatly encourage all parents to send their kids to Sunday Schools and let Jesus empower them to stand up with the whole armour of God so that they may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (Eph 6:11)
We not only do classes within the four walls of the church but also have outdoor activities such as camping where the kids are encouraged to express themselves in form of open debates, on the spot drama, quiz, team work and counting on God’s power in daily life. LMI Kids are also present in mother’s day and end of year programs where we were overwhelmed to discover many prodigious talents in singing, dancing, sketch, poem, and mimes. These activities are helping our kids to be more self-confidence and be able to express themselves in public which will prepare them for the future. Simply, because the children of today is the Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers of tomorrow that’s why we strongly believe that LMI Kids Club is the best place where any parent should send his/her child so that the latter is well equipped to take the challenge of the future.